Development economics focuses on the economies of developing countries. Norway is involved in developing countries through several channels, as an aid donor, through development cooperation, and via the private sector’s presence and investments.
Knowledge creates the basis for better cooperation with developing countries and fosters economic growth. Our analyses are based on an understanding of institutions, stakeholders and the organization of society in various countries in the south. Menon also cooperates with several of the leading environments within development finance, both in Norway and the rest of the world. We have in-depth knowledge of most developing countries and closely follow the main political objectives and focus areas at all times.
- Within development economics, Menon carries out assignments and analyses related to:
- Driving forces for development
- Industrial development and growth
- Inequality, income distribution and taxation
- National policy and potential effects on Norwegian interests
- Identification of the opportunity space for Norwegian interests
- Evaluation of policy design and projects
- Environmental and natural resource issues